Dear friends, עברית
The first newsletter for 2016 marks a new beginning and the prospect for new developments in the field of international humanitarian law (IHL). I would like to invite you to explore our website and get in touch with our experts to discuss such IHL developments. For information about our IHL lectures and successful workshops visit our Lectures & Workshops page.
The International Review of the Red Cross (IRRC) has recently published a new issue under the topic: "Generating Respect for the Law". The issue presents many angles and aspects of this interesting topic, including, an article about ALMA as an example for the role of NGOs towards the goal of generating respect for IHL. I would like to use this platform to thank the editing team of the IRRC for their help in producing this article.
ALMA is an organization which is based solely on the dedicated work of our volunteers and we wish to thank them for that. In order to maintain our work and enable the development of new projects, we kindly ask for your support. If you wish to support ALMA, please visit our donations page. Any donations, big or small, will be highly appreciated.
As always, you are welcome to keep in touch via our facebook page and twitter. In order to join our mailing list please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) The 10th National IHL Competition for students in Israel will be held on 26- 29 September, 2016.5) ISISC’s 16th Specialization Course in International Criminal Law for Young Penalists on “The International Criminal Responsibility of Non-State Actors”. The course will take place from May 29 to June 8, 2016 in Siracusa (Italy), and is open to all international graduate law students. Relevant information and the application form are available on www.isisc.org. Do not hesitate to contact ISISC for any questions at email@example.com. Applications should be submitted by March 20, 2016.
2) New Newsletter: Law and National Security - monthly publication from the research program "Law and National Security" of the INSS. Includes brief reviews of judgments, legislation, decisions of official organizations, reports and articles regarding the interface between law and Israel's national security (In both English & Hebrew).
3) Call for Proposals - The Minerva Center for the Study of the Rule of Law under Extreme Conditions at the University of Haifa (Faculty of Law and the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies), invites proposals for research activities aimed at analyzing the various aspects of legal regulation of emergencies.
Deadline: February 20, 2016 to: Dr. Michal Ben Gal, Minerva Center Research Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org) The ICRC and the Regional Delegation for India, Bhutan and Maldives and the Asian-African Legal Consultative Organisation (AALCO) Secretariat are pleased to announce the call for papers for the forthcoming issue of the AALCO Journal of International Law on The Protection of Cultural Property and the Norms of IHL. Articles are to be submitted to del_IHL@icrc.org on or before Sunday, February 7, 2016..
@ALMA_IHL Selected Tweets
1) January 30, 2016, International Humanitarian Law Workshops, Seattle University of Law.
2) February 1, 2016, Leading in the Human Rights Council, Geneva, Swizerland.
3) February 2, 2016, AIDF Africa Summit 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
4) February 11, 2016, HILAC Lecture on The Accountability of Armed Groups under International Law, Hague, Netherlands.
5) February 11, 2016, Humanity in War: An International Humanitarian Law Primer for Professionals , Washington D.C.
6) February 19, 2016, 5th Conference on International Humanitarian Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India.
7) February 20, 2016, International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Workshops, Los Angeles, CA, USA.
8) March 1-3, 2016, Africa Accountability Colloquium International Humanitarian Law Workshops, Sanremo, Italy.
9) March 12-15, 2016, 3rd Clara Barton International Humanitarian Law Competition , Seattle, Washington.
10) March 19-26, 2016, Jean Pictet Competition 28th Edition, Évian-les-Bains, France.
For many more events from all over the world, please visit our upcoming IHL event - worldwide page on our website. To add your event to our database please send an email to email@example.com