Welcome to the website of the 11th National Competition on International Humanitarian Law for students.
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2017 is the tenth annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The Purposes of the Competition
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to reallife situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. A team’s completed Application Form must be received at @ by .
2. Dates of ALMA's training course for the participants of the competition:
Students who participate in at least 75% of the four training sessions provided by ALMA will receive a Certificate of Participation in ALMA's IHL Training Course.
3. The 2017 National Competition will take place between 23 and 26, October, 2017.