Registration begins on 1 October 2012 and ends on 19 October 2012
The International Criminal Court, as the first permanent institution set up to try alleged perpetrators of the most horrific crimes against humanity, has drawn much interest amongst lawyers and non-lawyers alike. The ICC Trial Competition is a unique Moot Court competition in its direct focus on ICC proceedings and international criminal law.
This year ALMA is bringing the competition to Israel with the first Israeli National Round 2013!
During the competition that will be held in ENGLISH students compete in the role of the Prosecutor, Defence and alternatively, Victims Representatives or States. The students’ performances during the competition are assessed by experts in the field of international criminal law, including academics, judges and other practitioners from the ICC, ICTY, ICTR, ECCC and SCSL.
In accordance with the Regulations of the international competition, the national round is a prerequisite for the participation at the ICC Trial Competition in The Hague if more than two Israeli teams apply for the competition.
In case only one or two Israeli teams register, the National Israeli Round will not take place that year and Registration will be directly with ICLN.
The Registration form is available here.
The winning team of the National Round will participate in the international ICC Trial Competition in the Hague.
The winning team at the Israeli National Round will receive a travel grant from the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For more information about the MFA grant please see in the National ICC Competition homepage
1. Registration for the ICLN ICC Trial Competition will open on 1 October 2012 at 9am CET and close on 19 October 2012 at 1pm CET. Please find the registration form here. Registration forms submitted prior to 1 October 1st, will NOT be accepted.
2. The Rules and Regulations were published online on 10 September 2012. They are attached to this page and are also available here. Please read them carefully.
3. This years' Case will be sent to the participating teams on 5 November 2012, provided that the ICLN received the registration fee or a proof of payment! Should you have any questions on that matter, please do not hesitate to contact ICLN at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The submission of written memoires is usually due around January/February. Exact dates will be published when available.
5. The Israel National Round will take place in February/March. Exact dates will be published when available.
6. The ICC Trial Competition will take place in The Hague between 21-26 April 2013.