And the winners are: Hebrew University Team A: Ms. Shira Gartenberg, Mr. Moshe Oster, and Mr. Guy Ben Baruch. Congratulations also to the finalist Team B from the Hebrew University: Ms. Karelle Dagon, Mr. Lior Spindel, Mr. Yoav Rabinovitz.
The winner of the Uriel Massad Best Speaker Award : Mr. Moshe Oster.
Congratulations to all the participants on a great competition.
Thank you also to the competition judges - Dr. Marko Milanovic, Col. (ret.) Pnina Sharvit Baruch, Dr. Heather Harrison Dinniss, and Dr. Maria Varaki.
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2012 is the sixth annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to reallife situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. A team’s completed Application Form must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org before 16:00 on Thursday, 12 July 2012.
2. Non-Electronic documents (in accordance with article 4(b) of the regulations) must be received in the ICRC’s offices in Tel Aviv before 16:00 on Sunday, 15 July 2012.
3. The 2012 National Competition will take place between 13 and 15, November, 2012, at the Grand Beach Hotel in Tel Aviv.
Participants, please be at the hotel lobby on 13 November 2012, by 13:30!
4. The Final Event of the 6th National IHL Competition will take place on 15 November 2012, at 16:45, at the Carlton Hotel, Tel Aviv.