We are happy to present the September issue of ALMA Newsletter. The current issue provides information about a few relevant competitions for students, recent interviews and op-eds of ALMA members in the media, new IHL articles and much more.
We at ALMA would like to wish you Shana Tova - a happy new Jewish year, with the hope for more IHL discussions and less actual conflicts in this upcoming year.
As always, you are welcome to keep in touch via our facebook page and twitter. In order to join our mailing list please send your name and email address to email@example.com
1. hosted by the ICRC with the assistance of ALMA will be held on November 17-20, 2014 in Kibbutz Tzuba, Israel.
2. Registration to this year’s ICC Competition for which ALMA is the official organizer of the National Round in cooperation with the international organizers in The Hague begins on September 22, 2014.
3. The American Red Cross, will be held on March 14-17, 2015 in Chicago (Illinois), USA. Application deadline is November 14, 2014.
4. The CCJP, will be held on March 28 untill the April 4, 2015 in Virginia, USA. Application deadline is November 5, 2014.
1.Adv. Ido Rosenzweig interviews for "Mabat" news program about the decision to open criminal investigations on events from Operation Protective Edge.(Hebrew)
Israelis sued Mashal for killing collaborators? (Hebrew)
3. Adv. Ido Rosenzweig on i24News on the
1. Dore Gold, The State of Israel and the International Criminal Court in the Hague.
2.Dr. Diane M. Vavrichek, "The Future of Drone Strikes: A Framework for Analyzing Policy Options".
3. The UN draft resolution on Foreign terrorist fighters (FTF).
4. Nina Levarska, Applicability of International Humanitarian Law to Cyber Warfare.
@ALMA_IHL ALMA's twitter updates
1. @ccdcoe Call for Papers CyCon 2015 focusing on construction of the Internet & its potential development http://goo.gl/BRbNMG #Cyber #IHL
2. MT #IHLevent .@PlainPlaneJane: Over 100 regstrd #RedCross Human #Trafficking & #ArmedConflict Conf http://conta.cc/1ppJZRu #IHL #WarHasLimits3. Developing Law of NonIntl #ArmedConflict A View of the HarmonizationProject http://goo.gl/sCtFAV in .@ejiltalk .@lawfareblog .@ICRC series
4. Violence against #Healthcare Part II The Way Forward–International Review of the #RedCross http://goo.gl/WWMFdb .@ICRC #IHL #ArmedConflict
1. September 25, 2014, Thematic Workshop on the Protection of IDPs in Situations of Armed Conflict, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
2. September 26, 2014, , Canberra, Australia.
3. October 1, 2014, , New York, USA.
4. October 2, 2014, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Principled Humanitarian Action, Geneva, Switzerland.
5. October 3, 2014,3rd Annual International Humanitarian Law Conference: Business, Violence and International Humanitarian Law, Toronto, Canada.
ALMA - Newsletter >