Our June Newsletter aims to provide a glimpse into the IHL world - starting with ALMA events and other local (Israeli) related event, through recent development and IHL publications and lastly upcoming IHL events from around the world. We wish you a pleasent summer.
In order to join our mailing list please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming ALMA Events
1. The next session of the Joint IHL Forum will host two speakers - Adv. Ido Kilovaty (PhD candidate, Georgetown University) who will talk about cyber warfare, and Yahli Shershevsky (PhD candidate, Hebrew University) who will talk about the recent British ruling about Serdar Mohammed v. Ministry of Defence.
The forum will take place on Wednesday, June 18, 18:30 at the Interdisciplinary Center (Herzliya). More information will be provided soon, please visit our website and subscribe to our mailing list for further details.
2. Application to this years 2014 National IHL competition taking place November 17-20 is still onging until June 29 , 2014.
More local events:
3. Prof. Yves Daudet will lecture about "The Academy of International Law in Hague", Sunday, June 8, 10:00, Hall 307,The Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University.
1.Congratulations to the Hebrew University team that has won second place in the annual ICC Moot Court Competition in Hague.
2.Call for candidates: Lisbon ILA Regional Confrence, scholarship fund to help postgraduate students and other young scholars attend ILA Regional or Biennial Conference Appliction in ongoing till June 10, 2014.
3. Call for papers: The 9th Annual Minerva/ICRC Conference on International Humanitarian Law, November 3-4 2014, Submission deadline: 1 July 2014. Jerusalem.
New IHL articles
2.Michael Schmitt, The applicability of IHL in cyber space (English).
3.The new international review of the Red Cross:Humanitarian debate: Law, Policy, Action. Available for free download till the end of June 2014.
For more ALMA Tweets visit our Twitter account (ALMA_IHL)
Upcoming IHL Events from Around the World
1. June 9, 2014, 3rd Annual International Conference on Law, Regulations and Public Policy, Bangkok, Thailand.
2. June 11, 2014,Conference: The Rule of Law in an Era of Change: Security, Social Justice and Inclusive Governance, Athens, Greece.
3. June 12, 2014, MINERVA/SMA Lecture Series on the African Continent: Piracy and Maritime Security, Austin, TX, U.S.A.
4. June 22-27 2014, The 9th EUJS Ambassadors to the UN Seminar, Geneva, Switzerland.
5. June 23, 2014, Core Professional Training on Humanitarian Law and Policy, Geneva, Switzerland.