16th National Competition on IHL (November 2022)
Welcome to the webpage of the 16th National Competition for students on International Humanitarian Law
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2022 is the 16th annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in collaboration with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The Purposes of the Competition
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to real-life situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. A team’s completed Application Form must be received at email@example.com by Sunday, 22 May 2022.
2. The 2022 National Competition will take place between 7 and 10, November, 2022 in Kibutz Tzuba Hotel.
The Winning Team: Team D from Tel Aviv University, participating Katharina Kruger, Yahel Gerlic, & Rimon Weis
Runner Up: Team F from the Hebrew University, participating Noam Nadler, Naomi Shapiro, & Meitar Ben David
Uriel Masad Best Speaker: Naom Nadler
The Leap Forward: Team G from the Hebrew University, participating Raz Gronich, Yael Herbst & Lotem Neuhaus
This year's teams!
IHL Summer Course
Summer Course Schedule
The first session of the IHL Summer Course
Winners of the 16th Competition
Best Speaker of the 16th Competition