7th National Competition on IHL (November 2013)
Welcome to the website of the 7th National Competition on International Humanitarian Law for students.
And the winners of the 7th National Competition on IHL are: Hebrew University Team E: Mr. David Zlotogorski, Ms. Shani Nyer and Ms. Neomi Levinov.
Congratulations also to the finalist Team C from the IDC: Mr. Yahel Kaplan, Mr. Benjamin Rose and Ms. Sophia Lazarus.
The winner of the Uriel Massad Best Speaker Award : Ms. Rina Dorfman from Haifa University.
The winner of the Judges' Overall Excellence Award: Ms. Rebecca Baskin from the Hebrew University.
Congratulations to all the participants on a great competition.
Thank you also to the competition judges - Ms. Emanuella Gillard, Dr. Janina Dill, Ms. Nathalie Weizmann and Mr. Nimrod Karin.
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2013 is the sventh annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The Competition began on Nov. 11th. The judges in this year's competition are: Dr. Janina Dill, Ms. Emanuela Gillard, Ms. Nathalie Weizmann and Mr. Nimrod Karin.
The Purposes of the Competition
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to reallife situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. The Competition will take place between the 11th and 14th of November, 2013 in Kibbutz Tzuba.
2. Teams arrival at Tzuba: Nov. 11th at 9:00.
3. The final event of the competition will take place on Thursday, Nov. 14th, 2013, at 16:45, at the Konrad Adenauer Conference Center at Mishkenot Sha'ananim, Jerusalem, and is open to the public.
a) A team’s completed Application Form must be received at email@example.com before 16:00 on Thursday, 27 June 2013.
b) Non-Electronic documents (in accordance with article 4(b) of the regulations) must be received in the ICRC’s offices in Tel Aviv before 16:00 on Sunday, 30 June 2013.