5th National Competition on IHL (November 2011)
Alma congratulates the Hebrew University team (Ms. Yael Naggan, Ms. Moran Alriyami and Mr. Doron Pe'er) for winning the 5th edition of the national competition.
At the final round of the competition the IDC team (Ms. Ilana Messika, Mr. Joey Lightstone and Ms. Maayan Keren) competed against the Hebrew University team. Both teams showed an exceptional knowledge of IHL and impressed the judges (Professor Louise Doswald-Beck, Professor Susan Breau, Lt.-Colonel (res.) David Benjamin and Ms. Elizabeth Stubbins-Bates).
Congratulation as well to Mr. Joey Lightstone For winning the Uriel Massad best speaker award.
Watch this short clip from the 2011 National Competition
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2011 is the fifth annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The Purposes of the Competition
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to reallife situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. A team’s completed Application Form must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org before 16:00 on Thursday, 30 June 2011.
2. Non-Electronic documents (in accordance with article 4(b) of the regulations) must be received in the ICRC’s offices in Tel Aviv before 16:00 on Sunday, 3 July 2011.
3. The 2011 National Competition will take place between 14 and 17, November, 2011 in Kibutz Tzuba Hotel.