12th National Competition on IHL (October 2018)
And the winners are: Layan Yassin, Dina Wecker and Tomer Levinger from Tel-Aviv University (Team D).
Congratulations also to the finalists: Eden Nagar, Noy Eitan and Shahar Steiner from Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Team F)
Winner of Best speaker award: Dina Wecker (team D).
Winner of the Judge's Team Play Award: Yuval Gov-Ary (team A).
Background documents for the competition are available here
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2018 is the 12th annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The Purposes of the Competition
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to reallife situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. A team’s completed Application Form must be received at email@example.com by June, 20 2018 before 16:00.
2. Dates of ALMA's training course for the participants of the competition:
First meeting: June 27, 2018, between 16:00 - 20:00 (Tel-Aviv University)
The dates of other sessions will be published soon
Students who participate in at least 75% of the four training sessions provided by ALMA will receive a Certificate of Participation in ALMA's IHL Training Course.
3. The 2018 National Competition will take place between 8 and 11 October, 2018