10th National Competition on IHL (September 2016)
Welcome to the website of the 10th National Competition on International Humanitarian Law for students.
The winners of the 10th National IHL Competition:Hebrew University II: Naomi Calvo Lax, Or Malki and Amit Haim.
Congratulations for the runner ups from IDC: Sapir Blau, Pini Wietchner and Simon Freedman.
The Uriel Massad best speaker award goes to: Omri Shalev (Hebrew University I)
Thanks for our judges:
Prof. Gary D. Solis, Prof. Antoine A. Bouvier, Dr. Hilly Moodrick-Even Khen, and Adv. Tom Gal.
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2016 is the tenth annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The Purposes of the Competition
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to reallife situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. A team’s completed Application Form must be received at email@example.com by 1 May 2016.
2. Dates of ALMA's training course for the participants of the competition:
First meeting: 1 May, 2016
Second meeting: 19 May, 2016
Third meeting: 26 May, 2016
Fourth meeting: 2 June, 2016
Students who participate in at least 75% of the four training sessions provided by ALMA will receive a Certificate of Participation in ALMA's IHL Training Course.
3. The 2016 National Competition will take place between 26 and 29, September, 2016.