9th National Competition on IHL (November 2015)
Welcome to the website of the 9th National Competition on International Humanitarian Law for students.
And the winners of the 9th National Competition on IHL are: Hebrew University Team I - Ms. Shani Dann, Mr. Gal Cohen and Mr. Asher Rotenberg
Congratulations also to the finalist Teams:
Tel Aviv Univesity Team A: Ms. Mikhal Shahar, Ms. Or Elkayam, and Mr. Roy Mattar,
Hebrew Univesity Team D: Ms. Vered Shpiro, Mr. Basel Sader, and Mr. Josh Huser.
The winner of the Uriel Massad Best Speaker Award : Ms. Yael Sasson from IDC Herzliya (Team G).
Congratulations to all the participants on a great competition.
Thank you also to the competition judges - Col. (ret.) Pnina Sharvit Baruch - INSS, Marnie Lloydd - New Zealand Red Cross, Jani Leino - Finnish Red Cross, and Dr. Noam Zamir - City University of Hong Kong
The National Competition on International Humanitarian Law, Israel-2015 is the ninth annual national competition in international humanitarian law (IHL) to be held in Israel.
The Competition is organized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the assistance of ALMA – the Association for the Promotion of International Humanitarian Law in Israel.
The Purposes of the Competition
The purposes of the IHL Competition include:
1. Enhancing students' knowledge and understanding of IHL;
2. Developing students' capacity to apply the law in a practical and relevant manner to reallife situations;
3. Supporting the teaching of IHL in academic institutions; and
4. Preparing participants for IHL-related professional pursuits.
1. A team’s completed Application Form must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org before 16:00 on Sunday, 28 June 2015.
2. The 2015 National Competition will take place between 23 and 26, November, 2015 in Kibutz Tzuba Hotel.