Newsletter May 2014
In our May 2014 Newsletter we continue to provide information about our activies, upcoming events and developments in the IHL world.
I would like to invite you to visit our new IHL Video section on our website. This section aims to provide a service for the IHL community by presenting direct connection to new and relevant videos. If you are familiar with a new IHL related video or just uploaded one, please let us know.
In order to join our mailing list please send your name and email address to email@example.com
Upcoming ALMA Events
1. The next session of the Joint IHL Forum will deal with The Palestinian Accession to IHL treaties and will take place on Wednesday, May 28, 18:30 at the Interdisciplinary Center (Herzliya). More information will be provided soon, please visit our website and subscribe to our mailing list for further datails.
More locel events:
3. The Fried-Gal Colloquium Transitional Justice in the Context of Israel-Palestine. May 8-20, 2014, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
4. Judge Theodor Meron "The Legacy of Ad Hoc Criminal Tribunals and the New MICT Model", Monday, May 12, 2014, 16:30 at Beit Maiersdorf, Hall 502, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
5. Professor James R. Crawford (Cambridge) "Globalization of International Law" , Monday, May 19, 2014, 18:00 at Malka Brender Hall of Justice (Kes Hamishpat) The Buchmann Faculty of Law
Tel Aviv University
6. SCIL Jerusalem - the application for StandWithUs' "Student Conference on International Law" in Jerusalem (August 11-14, 2014) is now open. Apart from the interesting lectures, on the last day the participants will take part in an ALMA's IHL workshop.
ALMA Members in the Media & Academy
1. Antonio Coco and ALMA's Tom Gal: Losing Direction: The ICTY Appeals Chamber’s Controversial Approach to Aiding and Abetting in Perišić (English)
2. Sigall Horovitz: 20 Years to The Massacre in Rwanda (Hebrew- The Interview begins at Min 32:30)
3.Kimberley Natasha Trapp: Can Non-State Actors Mount an Armed Attack? (English)
@ALMA_IHL ALMA's twitter updates
Upcoming IHL Events from Around the World
(1) May 15, 2014, 7th Annual National Security Law Workshop, Charlottesville, VA, United States of America.
(2) May 19, 2014, The International Criminal Court (ICC) Moot Court Competition, The Hague, Netherlands
(3) May 19, 2014, Special Course on Engaging Armed Groups in the Protection of Civilians, Bangkok, Thailand